The Chancel Choir
The Chancel Choir is a group of women and men who make a joyful noise unto the Lord, and is open to everyone who enjoys singing in the Lord’s house. The Chancel Choir rehearses on most Thursdays at 7:45 p.m. from September-June in the church choir room. The Chancel Choir call time is 9:00 a.m. on most Sundays from September through June and then they sing at the 10am worship service. Newcomers are welcome.
The Church Bells
The Church Bells of PRPC is a handbell choir of teens and adults who joyfully ring for the Glory of God. The Group rehearses on Thursdays at 6:45 p.m. in the church sanctuary.
Music in Worship
We offer a number of special Worship Services throughout the year that feature extraordinary music performances, soloists, and instrumental pieces. Below are some of the services and the time of year they usually appear:
- Palm Sunday (April)
- Easter Sunday (April)
- Service of Remembrance (June)
- Graduation Sunday/Youth Sunday/Teacher Recognition (May)
- Music Sunday (October)
- Thanksgiving Sunday (November)
- Community Thanksgiving Service (November)
- Music Cantata (December)
- Children’s Christmas Pageant (December)
- Family Christmas Eve, 4 pm (December)
- Midnight Candlelight Christmas Eve Service, music starts at 10:30 pm, service at 11:00 (December)
Contact the PRPC Office to find out more about the wonderful music ministry at PRPC. Or, join us any Sunday for Worship Service at 10:00 a.m. to hear it yourself. The choir sings an anthem almost every Sunday and you will hear the Church Bells at a service about once each month.