“And the King will answer them,
‘Truly, I say to you,
as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,
you did it to me.’”
– Matthew 25:40 [ESV]
The PRPC Session is charged with creating an awareness of Mission needs and programs – both local and worldwide. We allocate budgeted mission funds for that purpose. Our church designates a part of its budget each year to the General Assembly’s General Mission Fund, which is the major source of Presbyterian support for numerous missions around the world.
Global missions supported by PRPC
- Wycliffe Bible Translators, which has translated the Bible in over 70 nations. Csaba and Lisa Leidenfrost, work to translate the Bible and perform other ministries for the people of the Ivory Coast. PRPC has provided support for them since the 1980s. Lisa Payne Leidenfrost is a “daughter” of PRPC.
- South American Mission, which spreads the Word through the training of native people. Todd Edgar, who grew up in our church, and his wife work for SAMMAIR, which uses aviation to enable the Word to reach remote areas.
- Pledges to the Presbytery of Chicago
- Special offerings: One Great Hour of Sharing, Christmas Joy, Peace Offering, Pentecost Offering, and Blanket Sunday
- PRPC participation in the CROP Walk
Local missions supported by PRPC
- Mission of the Synod of Lincoln Trails
- Mission of the Presbytery of Chicago
- serve meals on 18 times throughout the year via Sunday Suppers (Park Ridge Ministerial Association), the Night Ministry, St. Paul Lutheran Church of Evanston Soup Kitchen, and the Lincoln Park Community Shelter.
- provide meals for local families through our Thanksgiving Meal shopping bags which Maine Township distributes
- provide Christmas gifts for needy children of Christopher House and CASA Central through the Giving Tree
- collect and distribute school supplies for families served by the Irving Park Community Pantry
- collect and distribute toiletries to Wayside in Elgin, the Irving Park Community Pantry, Lincoln Park Community Shelter, and the Night Ministry
- collect and distribute coats and outerwear to the Night Ministry and the Salvation Army
- monthly canned and dry food collections for the Maine Township Food Pantry
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities for 2017
January 08 – Park Ridge Sunday Supper 5:30 p.m.
January 25 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
February 22 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
March 22 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
April 9 – Park Ridge Sunday Supper 5:30 p.m.
May 24 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
June 11 – Evanston Soup Kitchen afternoon
June 28 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
July/August – School Supply Drive for Irving Park Community Pantry
July 26 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
August 23 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
September 3 – Evanston Soup Kitchen afternoon
September 27 – Lincoln Park Community Shelter 5:15 p.m.
October 15 – CROP WALK for Maine Township Food Pantry
October – Coat Drive for Irving Park & Harvest Ministry
November – Hygiene Kits & Thanksgiving Meal Bags collected for local shelters
November/December – Giving Tree gifts collected for local low income children
Year Round – toiletries collected and donated to local shelters
Contact Director of Youth, MISSION, and Outreach Ministries to see how you can get involved: email@example.com